I took today off work as an "allotment day", I'm guessing non-lotties won't understand how fab that is!
Well I ended up not feeling very well on Tuesday, not much better today, so packed myself off to the allotment with coffee and a packet of Tums and thought I'd do an hour of the easy stuff, go home for a bit and come back for another stint in the afternoon. Yeah, like that's gunna happen! Four hours later, I'm heading off home!
I forgot my camera, but here's what I got up to:
* got 20 rows of seeds sown in trays, covered and put in the greenhouse (10 rows are pumpkin, courgette, marrow, melons. 10 rows are mini sweetcorn and late peas/beans)
* weeded the "fruit" bed and planted a lavender in a space there (a bee came along to investigate, but it was a dim one, it was at the wrong end of the bed!) - bed is just behind the blue tarped bed
* weeded round the "roots" bed, we've got lots of turnips and looks like some salsify is coming up too. - bed is just by the greenhouse
* in the "leaves" bed, dug over the rest of the bed, planted out the rest of the brussel sprouts, put in the leeks between those rows, sowed some UK bluebells, nasturtium, purple sprouting brocolli, cauliflower and celery parsley. - bed is under the green netting
* at the fenceline of the "leaves" bed I dug in a tyre, filled it and planted out some of the carnation sprays.
* watered the new seeds/seedlings in place and the ones in the greenhouse too.
I had my "ears" in and was singing away (using the term loosely) and decided at just the right time to stop and look around. I'm sure the guy trying to mind his own business wasn't that worried about a bad rendition of Twisted Sister and failing to hit the high notes of The Proclaimers, but I'm really glad I decided not to sing along to The Bloodhound Gang! I may never have lived that down!