Wednesday 1 February 2012

1 Feb 2012 - Tidy up time - Part 2

before
before
Second job on the list was the strawberry
bed.  As you can see, it needed it.

I really thought I was there to dig it over.  It all looked so dead!

after
Pleasantly surprised to find not only a lot of strawberry plants survived, (you can see little green bits with a magnifying glass) but I managed to get quite a few runners, so I'm going to start a new bed tomorrow - I don't know if this bed has had it's 3 years or not, so it's getting just one more.  The fork is by either a really annoying dock leaf that refuses to budge or another horseradish....grrrrrr to both!

2 comments:

  1. Remember me wanting to dig up and throw away all my strawberries? But you said 'Noo, noo, no' (possibly in a Amy Winehouse style, I don't know) so we'll both be catching those strawberry runners this year then eh? Next year we'll have sooooo many strawberries we'll be over run with them...hmmmm...what a heavenly thought ;o) x x
    You're making me worried about buying that diddy little Horseradish now. Recommendations on how to plant it boss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's always strawberry daquiri to look forward to - will bring back fond memories of the Med ;-)

      Put the horseradish in a planter or bucket and then plant that in the ground - leave the rim showing so you know that's what's in there ;-)

      Delete