Tuesday 20 August 2013

Rhubarb & Pineapple Jelly

What to do with the possibly-last crop of rhubarb?  Preferably something I haven't done before..... internet searches, here we come!

As per usual..... the recipe is below, and what I actually did is in itallics!
I have a very good reason (this time) for halving the recipe - I did have enough rhubarb for the full recipe, but remembered in time that my pot doesn't always hold the full amount, so while I was cutting the rhubarb it became clear that 10 cups didn't have a hope in hell of fitting in!

10 cups of chopped rhubarb (5 cups)
1 can (20 oz) of crushed pineapple (undrained) (my can was 227g)
2 cups of sugar (1 cup)
1 packet (6oz) of strawberry flavoured jell-o (1 packet was 135g jelly)




Place the rhubarb, pineapple, and sugar into a large saucepan. 

Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until rhubarb is tender, about 20 minutes. 





Remove from heat, and stir in gelatin until completely blended. 







Ladle into glass jars or plastic containers to refrigerate or freeze.

I licked the spoon....I've died and gone to heaven!  These may not have time to set!!!  Self-control is necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment