Tuesday 16 April 2013

16 Apr - 2013 - Pheasant shooting time!

I didn't get any photos - but here's a recipe for having palpatations and heart failure......

I lived to tell the tale though!

There I was, minding my own business, the only person at the allotments (which is in the middle of nowhere, turn left) and having a break, admiring the view with my headphones on (quite loud)......
when a pheasant flew low over my shoulder.....
squawking so loud I could hear it over the music.....
if there was a roof, I'd've hit it....
instead cursing everything I can think of, and concentrating on not having a heart attack!  

All of a sudden, a b.b.dog jumps over the 4ft fence (that I very nicely put up this year)..... 
and nearly landed on me!  

Continue with heart failure (and I may have screamed, not sure).....
while dog is looking round for his pheasant!
I turned round to see why this random dog (who's head is at my thigh height!) is here....

As if I haven't had enough of a shock......
there's a man with a gun....and I'm standing next to his gun dog.....
and now trying very hard not to look like a pheasant!
The dog patiently waits for me to calm down, then asks how he's to get out of here!
He must speak English well, because I told him that he jumped over my fence, he can jump back again!
Which he did....and nearly landed in the frog pond!

Here's a few pics of the view, my fence, a pheasant from last year
and the frog pond.  IF I had been holding my camera, I can guarantee the pics would be blurry, or the camera dropped!




No comments:

Post a Comment