There were signs of pretty much everyone working on their plots at some point over the weekend, it was fun to see what everyone else was doing.
Mike had the job of securing the little greehouse for getting the seedlings used to not being inside anymore (all together now......awwww). I didn't get to take a photo before he started, but he did clear the grass away as well.
I decided to get the "leaves" bed ready. Dug over and got rid of as many little vein-type roots as I could. Then handed the bed over to Mike to sort out the rabbitproofing. Nothing is planted out yet, we're seeing if the rabbits will think there's something there and leave investigative signs, or if the netting will put them off.
Then we got visited from other allotmenters and had a chat for a bit, comparing notes etc. Afterwards, Mike set out to fix other beds that needed work and I had a go at tidying up the grass path (using the term loosely!) beside the potato bed. FYI - gloves don't protect from stinging nettles all the time!
Very happy with out efforts, the plot's coming along nicely and when we left at 7pm, there was still full sun and I was still in my strappy top ;-) Here's where we're at now - hope you're as impressed as we are!
|It's official. It's summer.|