Monday 23 January 2012

23 Jan 2012 - seedlings & sowing

leeks, squash and radish
It's playtime!  Decided that I should plant out some of my leeks, got two sorts going this year, because I've got a fab recipe for them (I'll share another day), found some white patty pan squash and purple radish - I tried resisting, but I was worn down in the shop (honest)

I have no idea how many I planted, decided it was a good idea to do while waiting for a facemask to set and I didn't have my glasses on - now that's some kind of multi-tasking (not sure what type.....)





Anyway, glasses back on, time to find out how my seedlings are doing on the windowsill, because I planted them a whole 9 days ago....

middle row 1 & 3 - red spring onion

Vales Emerald chitting away in egg carton










 
Not bad, not bad at all!  Even if I do say so myself ;-)

Row 1/2 purple cauliflower, Row 3/1 savoy cabbage, Row 8/2 green khol rabi

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Did you make those boxes? I note that its now the 26th and you have done nothing since the 23rd slacking a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I've been stargazing and looking after my seedlings! Have now got 3 purple cauliflower, 2 savoy cabbage, 2 green khol rabi, a nasturtium and some red spring onion and planted out some leeks in another planter - no flies on me! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Awww...congratulations on the birth of your new shoots. Hee hee! I LOVE the purple radish seeds... if I didn't already have a thousand seeds already I'd rush out to buy some NOW!

    I've still not planted anything yet.

    C. x

    ReplyDelete