Tuesday 4 March 2014

We have inherited a Wormery!

At our local seed swap the main raffle prize has been a Wormery and we've always lucked out on winning it.  Luckily for us, some friends decided that they didn't use theirs enough (and beekeeping is much more fun!) so they donated it to us! 
How cool is that?!?!?! (You have permission to be a little less excited than me)

I picked it up in the evening of 2 March and in between work shifts  on Monday (I had a spare 1.5 hours) I quickly drove to the allotment, tied my trousers up in a really classy fashion, set it up, made sure there were some worms in there and gave them a few of their treats, before legging it back to work!  


They are safely tucked away next to the tool boxes and a nice sturdy tyre on top, making sure they aren't being blown away!  There's another two levels I can put on, but need to read the instructions first, just really wanted to get them "home" instead of leaving them in the back of the car! 
I've even sorted out their very own feed bucket, aren't they lucky! (it's one of those green one's all cleaned up nicely - will have to find something else for the nettle compost/fertilizer to go into now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment