The "weather v my time off" has been less than hospitable, but I finally started getting down to the allotment in the last couple of weeks. I enjoyed my time with the sledgehammer, although I've been doing a lot of swimming this week, so my arms are about to drop off, but I did get the 6 posts I bought put up.
I failed miserably with both staplers when I tried to put the netting up, but maybe that's a good thing, cos we think the netting is not quite right. Now that I think about it, I *may* have used the office stapler on my last project, but we'll just keep that to ourselves!! haha!
Here's a few pics, it's 2.5 hours work - I cleared some of the weeds (until the stinging nettles got me), bashed in 6 posts, turned over a new bit of bed (basically, the fruit cage will cover both beds, and there's a new bit of bed at the end, making it a U shape), dug up about 8 new canes that had appeared in the pathway and transplanted them in the spaces and new bit. I'm quite pleased with myself!
|Proof that I'm not theonly mad one!|