Tuesday 26 June 2012

25 June 2012 - new growth

Pumpkin (possibly)
My brother very nicely got me some seeds for Christmas, I had planned to have a whole bed of my favourite pumpkins, but so far, all that's come up is the ornamental gourds!  Well, at least I've got something, but how do I get them to be ornamental?  I'm guessing I've got to get the seeds out, but you never see holes in the ones in posh shops.....Time to learn a new dark art!
ornamental gourds

I lost the label, so the plant in the root-trainer pot is possibly a pumpkin, marrow, melon or courgette!  You can see how well the roots grow in these pots (they split in half for easy access and reuse).


before....with weeds
after
Here's the "leaves" bed - at the front is brussel sprouts, then further back (in toilet rolls) is some cauliflower (plants & seeds), brocolli plants, amaranthus calaloo seeds, cos lettuce seeds and rainbow spinach plants.  Between the rows is leeks.
  


Purple brussel sprout
Turnips & Nasturtium






Corn & Jerusalem Artichokes



Globe Artichokes













We've got some fruit coming through - and plans to start making rhubarb wine!
Gooseberries
Cape Gooseberries
Redcurrants
Raspberries









Rhubarb v boot!

Plums








 






resident
relaxing after some hard work

No comments:

Post a Comment