Friday 20 February 2015

1st visit of the year - just browsing

I managed to fracture, chip and dislocate my shoulder on 8 December, so this is the first time I'd been able to get to the allotment.  I only took photos this time round, and was pleasantly surprised at the lack of work needed - I'd imagined it a million times worse!  All beds need some work, and if I was back to full health, it's really only a full day's work.  I need to be patient and pace myself, which will be hard.
Dogwood rose (rosehips)










Asparagus bed

Monty frame for beans/peas










3 sisters bed


Strawberries & herbs








Bed 2


Bed 1 - turnips & swede still okay










Bed 3 - bronze fennel ok

Bed 4 - yams & roots ok












Manx Codlin apple tree

Strawberries












Bed 5 - not used yet

Fruit cage

Rhubarb corner










I wasn't expecting a harvest!

No comments:

Post a Comment